Every semester UVU PRSSA students have the opportunity to travel the nation and meet with the "best of the best" in the PR industry.
Student's have traveled to places including Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Francisco, New York, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Austin, Phoenix, and will be traveling to Indianapolis in October!
The following video was created during PRSSA's trip to Los Angeles, California.
Who you meet
On these trips, students have met individuals such as:
- Matt Prince, PR + Brand Engagement Manager at Taco Bell corporate
- Linda Shipley Martin, Partner at Porter Noveli Public Relations firm in L.A.
- Faith Tusieseina, Brand Partnerships at Universal Music Group
- Gail Moscoso, Sr. Publicist at Universal Studios Hollywood
- Cori Fox, Digital Communication at American Idol
- Brandi King, Communications Director for Southwest Airlines
- Todd Cooley, Owner and CEO of Todd Cooley Company
- PR Director for the Boston Red Sox. Meeting held in the executive boardroom of Fenway Park.
- Spokesperson for the United Nation
- Rear Admiral of the Navy responsible for the Navy’s global public relations. Meeting held in the Pentagon
- Nathaniel Gray, PR Coordinator for The Venetian | Palazzo Resort in Las Vegas—the world’s largest 5-star resort
- Numerous FOX TV National Correspondents
- Among dozens and dozens of other established PR professionals
Spring 2018 PR Trip to Los Angeles, CA
This Spring Semester, UVU PR students will have the opportunity to travel to Los Angeles (the PR Hub of the West) to meet with industry professionals and attend the Regional PRSSA Conference for the Western United States. The trip will take place April 2-7, 2018.
You are invited to apply for one of approximately 12 spots (6 men, 6 women). UVU student grants have been provided to drastically reduce the expense for UVU PR students. As a result, it will only cost you $650 for this once in a lifetime opportunity.
During the trip, world-renowned PR professionals will share their expertise and teach the latest PR techniques being used in the industry. In addition to learning from PR experts, you will build your resume, make career connections, and earn three credit hours (selected students will enroll in the Comm 202 Communication Field Experience course).
The application deadline is Friday, November 17 at 12:00 noon.
Go for it—Apply for the Los Angeles PR trip today!
How To Apply For A Trip
Please note: The deadline to register for our Spring 2018 trip is Friday, November 17, 2017 at 12:00 pm.
- Students are selected through an application and interview process approximately 6 months prior to each trip.
- Students must submit the following items to the Comm Department (CB 502A) by noon, Friday, Nov. 17.
- Cover letter--include future career goals, year in school, anticipated graduation date, and why you should be selected; Resume; Official UVU transcript; Writing sample.
- Finalists will be contacted for interviews.
- To apply you must be a UVU Student, PR Major, PRSSA member, and have taken or currently taking Comm 2300 during the time of the trip.
- Due to generous grants, the expense for each student is minimal. For example, students only paid $550 to go to New York City for a week. For the Spring 2018 trip, the cost will only be $650, and this price covers: airfare, transportation, hotel, conference registration, and your Universal Studios ticket.
- Students who participate must enroll in the 3-credit Comm 202R – Communication Field Experience.
Follow UVU PRSSA's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds to learn about upcoming student trips.